Support Coordinator Vacancy
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Attractive Salary Package upwards of $74K + Salary Packaging up to $15,900
- Join a supportive organisation that values their employees
Flourish Australia is seeking a NDIS Support Coordinator to join our team at Marrickville!
The position is closed term full-time until June 2020 (with the possibility of an extension) working Monday-Friday.
About the Opportunity
Support Coordination includes a variety of activities that supports people with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday activities giving people more choice and control over how, when and where those supports are provided.
The NDIS Support Coordinators will be responsible for establishing a positive collaborative relationship with the person and their support network and will assist the person to identify, link with and coordinate support in order to access local communities, build skills, overcome barriers and achieve goals. They will have the responsibility to ensure the implementation of each person's diverse plan thereby enabling the achievement of their goals.
The position is also required to ensure that people who have expressed an interest in accessing the NDIS and/or receiving support from Flourish Australia are engaged and supported to access suitable services.
Please note- Successful candidate must maintain a Class C driver’s licence as you may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is not available. Proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You will receive payment of the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Our name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people’s mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life.
People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia – they’re our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong understanding of the NDIS and relevant supports available in the regional network, be proficient with technology and have a workable knowledge of databases. You also need to be able to effectively utilise NDIS packages while also obtaining knowledge of all Flourish Australia programs. You should also bring strong time management and organisational skills and proven capacity to prioritise work commitments.
In addition you will possess:
- A diploma or degree in the behavioural sciences or a health-related discipline.
- Demonstrated strong time management skills including prioritisation of competing tasks and an ability to work innovatively to solve complex issues.
- Demonstrate understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of severe and persistent mental health issues and how providing a recovery oriented service is of benefit to people.
- Understanding of public sector and community based service systems relevant to people with lived experience and complex needs, and demonstrated experience navigating such systems and using influence to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of support and coordination for people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated strong communication, advocacy and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, facilitate outcomes and prepare correspondence & reports in clear and concise language.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and ability to fully utilise the client information management system.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
For more information about what it means to be an NDIS Support Coordinator with Flourish Australia , please review the Position Description
For further information, please contact Jimmy Acosta, Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.